Wednesday, January 05, 2011

TED WILLIAMS STORY!!



ritchey | January 03, 2011 | 53,502 likes, 150 dislikes
Throwing this video from the Columbus Dispatch out there, hoping we can find this talent a place to call home.

UPDATE-1: Many thanks go out to all of you who have been tossing phone numbers and e-mails my way for Ted's sake. I went up to Hudson/I-71 (Columbus) today, but Ted wasn't there. He is going to be on air tomorrow morning on radio station WNCI. I've left my contact info w/WNCI to call/e-mail me on a way to get your enormous opportunities over to him.

I'm going to give him a Trac phone (w/ample minutes) so that he can return calls to all of you.

Hopefully, in some way I'll get in contact w/him. Peace.

UPDATE-2: To all those who have been writing me (as one of Ted's only means of contact), I have learned that the radio station interviewing him tomorrow (1-5-11) a.m. is going to make him a formal offer. Whether true or not, we'll see.

Hope it works out well for him. That was the whole point of me posting this video. I cannot thank enough everyone who was willing to do their part in offering Ted their helping hand.

Whoever lands him is certainly getting much more than a memorable personality; they're getting a great human being as part of their team.

My best to all.

UPDATE-FINAL: Well everyone. You can give yourselves and Ted a high-five. He's being given offers hand-over-fist over the air. He'll be set for life.

My request to all. Whenever you run across a story such as this, don't assume it'll take a life of its own, on its own. It won't. It can't. There are too many other stories that drown out the one before it.

You need to spend time to get that story and its word out to many. If you care, you'll do it.

Keep the faith, pay forward and always lend a hand; even if you're the one who needs it.

God bless Mr. Williams. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him for sometime to come.

The Offers:




http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/01/homeless-man-with-golden-pipes-to-voice-nfl-films/1


http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/15605?loc=interstitialskip


And more offers are coming in as We speak....


I don't know what to say???

I have to be honest but I had tears in my eyes, listening to the story!! I see bums everyday with the sob story of how once they were high rolling, and had talent but fell victim to hard times and an even harder recession hitting.

Talent!! Just a simple voice, he doesn't have the hot body, face, he's older that guy that you pass on the street and hope they don't ask you for change. I see all these types of guys on the train, banging buckets, dancing, singing and I did the same thing as everybody else, try to ignore them and handle my own business.

It's such a great story that is still running its course now....


The power of Youtbe is mighty!! All it takes is that one Vid that goes across the country for people to open their eyes. I feel so humble right now!! In a day an age when everything is about looks and how much money you got? Talent seems to have been put in the back burner!!!

I was almost about to give up on the whole entertainment business at one point!! Guys without talent were getting jobs based on looks and promotion without having very much skill or talent.

Its so refreshing that a talent like the "spoken word" is still respected!!


A simple Youtube clip displaying a person down on his luck talent for the spoken word, turning into Feel good story at the start of the year!!

We should all count our blessings!!! Its NEVER NEVER too late to have an impact in life.

A complete stranger down on his luck, panhandling for money to show off his Radio Voice. Just such a great story!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In really surprising and gratifying to see that this happens to a person, I believe that everything happens for a reason, there are no coincidences and well, things will come to a person when it really is prepared to handle that event.
Things did not happen sooner or later, they happen when they should be for a reason and the reason is because the person is ready to deal with them.

Very good articles as always in your blog Diesel, I congratulate you.

Adrian from Buenos Aires.